This is for all multy day tours
Travel Insurance Remember to take out travel insurance before your journey. Please note that all tours is at your own risk. Residents of the EU/EEA countries should bring their European Health Insurance Card (E-111 form) in case of illness and need for medical care.
In all multy day tours, wheater it is hiking,trekking, horseriding and more.
In each tour description there are information about what to bring and difficulty information of each tour, please read it carefully and if you dont understand it perfectly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is only for longer riding tours
Used boots, riding wear, saddlebags etc., must be disinfected before arrival in Iceland. That is because infectious disease can easily be brought into the country, which poses a great threat for the horses. Further information at www.mast.is . How to Clean and Disinfect Riding Gear:
Riding wear is normally washed and shoes and leather articles are washed and cleaned with iodine or some other fluid disinfectant.
You should be ready for all kinds of weather as the weather can change very quickly.
We recommend that the following items are included when preparing riding tours:
- Riding boots – preferably rubber, because of the rivers we cross.
- Warm jacket or overcoat.
- Warm (woolen or fleece) sweater.
- Warm socks and gloves, at least two pairs, scarf and a cap or hat.
- Warm underwear, long if possible (protects also from chafing).
- Riding trousers.
- Track suit.
- A pair of slippers to wear in the accommodation. (Icelanders take off their shoes when entering a house).
- Swim suits, towels, soap etc.
- A small camera to take with you on the ride.
- Band aids and second skin plasters for chafing.
- Insect repellent, gnat net head cover.
- Chocolate or glucose sweets for strenuous riding days.
- Sun lotion for face and lips (with high sun factor).
- Sleeping bag and a sheet, and a small pillow
- Lunch box
- Ear plugs. Some people snore!!!
This is only for hiking tours
Comfortable well-fitting water-proof hiking shoes, an extra pair of shoes or boots for crossing especially damp areas as in our tour Water, Wideness, Wilderness, slippers, rain-proof clothes (jacket and trousers), hiking-bag, gloves and cap, bathing costume or trunks, sunglasses, sleeping bag (moderade only), warm, functional clothing, trekking-rucksack (moderade only), hiking-sandals or similar shoes for river-crossings (moderade only).